Steamed Baby Carrots with Ginger Garlic Butter

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Steamed Whole Baby Carrots with Ginger Garlic Butter

When my little boy was small, he loved carrots. He could not get enough of them.  Now, he won't hardly touch them.  I made this not thinking that he would eat them at all, especially with a ginger garlic butter on them. Sometimes I think fresh ginger and garlic can have an overpowering flavor that children might not like, but this was great. Alex ate all of his carrots, "Just like a bunny."  Score one for the mama team.   

These were very easy to make, and very tasty. I used fresh garlic and ginger, but I imagine that dry spices can work too.  It was very sweet with a very light spice to it. I hope that you all enjoy.

Steamed Whole Baby Carrots with Ginger Garlic Butter

2 Cloves of garlic, minced
1 lb whole baby carrots with stems, peeled
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tsp Fresh ground ginger
1 Tbsp lime juice
salt to taste

Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time 10 Minutes
Makes 6-8 whole baby carrots


1. Mince garlic and grind ginger
2. Peel carrots, leave stems on, trim stems so that there are only 3 to 4 inches left.



3. Steam carrots, cover 10 minutes


4.  While carrots are steaming, melt butter in large pan over medium heat.


5. Add garlic and ginger. Cook, this usually takes under a minute. Remove from heat.


6.  Stir carrots and remaining ingredients together.



There you have it. This will make one small bunch of baby carrots.  The original recipe calls for 1 Tsp of fresh cilantro to be mixed in before serving. I'm not a huge fan of cilantro, so I omitted it here.  I hope you all enjoy!

One Love,

Virginia
This is from an adapted recipe on myrecipes.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment