5 Minute Pumpkin Pie

Thursday, October 21, 2010

5 Minute Pumpkin Pie
Now that's a pie I can make!

When I sat down to make this recipe I was ready to get down and make some pie! Then I read the instructions... Mix ingredients in sauce pan. Cool.  Pour in crust..... What?!? I'm loving this!

The best part of the recipe is that the ingredients aren't bad for you! It's a healthy pie! There really isn't anything in this that has a high caloric content (it's still good though don't worry).  Also, you can make one substitution and make this the perfect diabetic very low in sugar pie!

On a side note, my little helper Alex has really gotten into this blog thing too. We were making Playdough food today and he actually said, "take picture for blog". No Joke. I was so swelling with pride that I had to take these pictures just for him. So, in honor of my best helper, I have the two year old Playdough sandwich recipe ( it's really funny and cute, I promise.) Be sure to check out the video below of his Playdough taste test. It will make smile for sure!

Here are the directions to this 5 minute pumpkin pie.

Easy 5 minute Pumpkin Cream Pie

Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 5- 10 minutes
Clean up Time: 2 minutes
Cool time: 4 hours


1 Package of vanilla pudding (substitute sugar free for the perfect diabetic pie!! )
3 Tbsp of sugar
1 Tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 Can evaporated milk 12oz
1 Egg slightly beaten
1 Can pumpkin 15 oz
1 Baked frozen pre-made 9-inch pie crust

1. Put pie crust in the oven to cook. Cooking time may vary. My pie crust said 10 minutes.



2.  Combine pie filling mix, sugar, spice, milk, egg, and pumpkin in a pan. Stir over medium heat until it comes to a full boil. Make sure not to have the burner on high or it will scald the milk.



3.  Let mixture cool for 5 minutes.


4.Pour into baked pie crust.  Be sure to stir pie filling before pouring into crust. Let pie cool in refrigerator for 4 hours.  Since this is technically a pudding pie and not a standard pumpkin pie, when it cools it will not have the same thick consistency.  Despite the consistency difference it still is a delicious pumpkin pie!

Enjoy the pie that you put all the 'hard work' into. I really am reminded of a commercial about ten years back, I can't remember what it was for. It had the lady who simply put something in the oven and sprinkled flour all over her face to make it look like she was slaving in the kitchen.  Lol. I have had hamburger helper that I have slaved over more than this. Little Alex took longer making his Playdough sandwich (see below.)

So- that's all there is to it. I'm going to seriously pat myself on the baking for this master piece too. I am also really excited that I have made a desert that I can enjoy without having to worry about how many sugar or calories are in it.  Unlike the Chocolate and Oatmeal bars that were prob. somewhere close to 450 calories per serving, I bet this whole pie has close to 600 calories. So lets see a serving and a half of Chocolate Oatmeal Bars or a whole pie! I'll go with the pie on this one. Also, I'm not too sure how the weight watcher system would work on this one, but I think that you can count it as a vegetable too.


For Alex's second birthday  he got this giant tube of Playdough. I don't know exactly who it was from, but I'm thinking it might be from grandma. It has everything in it! It's got 45 cut out and squeezer machine pieces, all kinds of colors of playdough. It is really a ton of fun to play with- for all ages!! Below I have listed the 'recipe' for 'making' the playdough food.

Playdough food!!

One large can of Playdough stuff from Target

1. Dump the whole freakin' bucket on the floor. The more floor you can cover the better.


2. Cut out your little Playdough pieces!!


3. Put them together for you fun sandwich! Hey, Alex....But don't eat the Playdough pieces. Did you hear me, Alex?? Mama is only going to ask you one more time before I have to put it up!!! Ok, thank you sweetie, you're a good boy.

No, Alex was such a good boy! He really didn't try to eat the playdough food. We had the discussion at the library though with the play food that they have in one of their educational boxes. 

This maybe slightly self indulgent, but I really think this video is cute. I almost considered the thought that it would go viral. Then my common senses came back down, and I realized that it probably wouldn't.  I think this is the cutest video in the whole entire world. When Lil Al watched it he LOVED it! He kept on giggling and laughing. 

I hope you all have an excellent day! And enjoy cooking


If for some reason the video isn't working please click on this link  Playdough Food. Nom. Nom. Nom


One Love,

Virginia

0 comments:

Post a Comment