Grandma's Cookbook

Thursday, October 14, 2010

When my Grandma died about ten years ago, I inherited her recipe collection. Even though I was just 16 at time, I have taken them with me everywhere I have moved.  I have felt bad looking at my Grandma's life recipes sitting in a large plastic Tupperware cake holder.  Since I have a little more free time, I am have decided to finally sort through her recipes, and try them all out. It will take quite a while.  There are thousands of recipes in here. Also- about 75% of them are desert recipes! YUM!

So step one is to separate all of these recipes into categories


So the main categories consist of: Cakes, Cookies, Desert Bars, Pies, Jello molds, Salads, Dinners, Jams, Dressings, Misc. Deserts, Candy, ... and there are probably some more yet to come.



I just spent around the past hour doing just that much. It's gong to take a long time get through them all.  But, I do have to admit, I have found some pretty funny things.  Some 'nostalgic' things I should say


Deserts men like! Oh man!  I  love the 1960's little icons of the smiling men. lol Oh they're so happy. 

I also came across this


It's a letter from the UAW (my grandpa worked for GM as a welder). "We personally believe Jimmy Carter should be America's next President." What a great piece of history!   I actually received a letter from the Sierra Club telling me what I should vote for too. So, I guess its not soo crazy. But this is a wonderful piece of history.

So what are my plans you should ask? My plans are to bake or cook my way through this entire box.  It's time to liberate the recipes. I'm going to post the recipe and pictures from everything that I make.   This really sounds like something fun to embark upon. 

Much Love,

Virginia

0 comments:

Post a Comment