Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast
Two year old tested. Mother approved.

This recipe was so easy and delicious. I will most definitely add this in my rotation of meals.  I have always liked stuffed french toast, but all of the stuffed french toast recipes that I know take a lot of time and effort. This one was so simple and easy, and had the basic same results.


My little 2 year old son absolutely loved this! He got really excited when he saw that I was making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for him.  When I told him that he was going to have to wait just a little bit longer, and that Mama was making him something special, he automatically started crying.  I don't know what is more sad, the fact that my poor little baby is crying, or that I think that he is so cute crying that I have to take a picture of it. :)  Oh man, the things that we have our little ones do.  I will try not to post any pictures that are too embarrassing for him though.  At least pictures that won't be embarrassing until he's 16. 


Here is the recipe. I highly recommend that if you already don't make this at home, that you try it for you next breakfast/lunch/ brunch. It was so delicious! Grilling the peanut and jelly made the peanut butter all soft and warm. It completely changed the inside texture into something a little bit more appealing than standard peanut butter.  I hope you all enjoy!


Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast - 1960's

 Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Clean Up Time: 5 minutes

3/4 Cup Peanut Butter, Creamy
6 Tablespoons of your favorite Jelly ( I used strawberry)
12 slices of bread
3/4 Cup of Milk
3 Eggs
Dash of Cinnamon
Non stick cooking spray
1. Make your peanut and jelly sandwiches as usually. I used creamy peanut butter and strawberry jelly. 


2.  Mix together eggs and milk for french toast solution. I always add just a little dash of cinnamon to my french toast.  This was especially good here because it brought out more of the peanut butter and jelly flavor.


3.  Dip sandwich tops in egg mixture.  Flip around and dip sandwich bottom in egg mixture.


4.  Apply non stick cooking spray or butter to pan that you are using. Turn on stove to medium heat. ( The sandwiches are a little heavier than your usual french toast. It may cause your sandwich to stick to the pan.  I have really nice non stick pan and it still got stuck a little bit.)


5. Cook each side of the sandwich evenly. This will take about 3 minutes on either side. Each side will be done when it appears slightly brown. - Not black, black means burnt.  JK.

6.  Enjoy! The peanut butter and jelly inside the sandwich will be HOT. STEAMING HOT !So be careful before giving it to any small children.


 





My son really loved this sandwich. It really combined two of his favorite meals into one : PB & J and french toast. 


I hope you all enjoy this recipe.  Also, if anyone has a good recipe for stuffed french toast with cream cheese, I would love to have it. 


- Virginia

0 comments:

Post a Comment