Grandma's Secret Peanut Butter Cookies

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Grandma's Secret Peanut Butter Cookies
Secret Recipes revealed Vol. 1

These were always my favorite cookies that my grandma made when I was growing up. I would beg my mom to make them all of the time.  I have fond memories of my mother making them for play tea time with my dolls.  Why am I releasing my grandma's 'secret recipe'? I guess it's because I would rather have everyone enjoy what I grew up enjoying. 

The peanut butter cookie itself is very versatile, and there are a lot of different cookies you can make using this peanut cookie dough base. I've got some excellent ideas (in picture form) of things that you can do with this cookie dough.  Or, if you like you can just eat the cookie the way it is.

I really wanted to get started making cookies because the holidays are coming up, and I wanted to get a head start for what I was going to make to give this year.

My little helper was taking his daily nap while I was making these, but I'm sure that he will love what he wakes up to!!

Grandma Cruden's Peanut Butter Cookies

1 Cup Creamy peanut butter
1 Cup Butter
3 Cups All- purpose flour
3/4 Tsp. Salt
1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
1 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
2 1/4 Tsp Vanilla

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 10 minutes
Clean Up Time: 5 minutes
Yields: 5 dozen cookies


Preheat Oven to 375 Degrees

1. Mix dry ingredients together: Flour, Salt, and Baking Powder



2. Cream together Peanut Butter and Butter




                    3.  Mix in Brown Sugar. Beat in Eggs and Vanilla.




4.  Slowly add dry ingredients to creamed mix.



5. Shape dough into 1" balls. Bake at 375 for 8 to 10 minutes (mine took 10 minutes)




As I mentioned before there are a lot of different variations that you can do with this dough. This is what I did for this batch.

Variation 1: Roll dough into balls. Press top with fork two times so that it makes a tic- tac- toe  mark on the top. You can either leave the cookies the way they are or sprinkle the top with cinnamon sprinkles or white sugar granules


End Product...



Variation 2: Indent top of cookie with thumb and fill with Jelly. This cookie may take a minute longer to bake.



End product...


Variation 3: Bake cookies and let cool. Melt 6 oz of Semi Sweet Chocolate with 1/3 cup Evaporated Milk and 2 cups Confection's Sugar. Dip cookie in chocolate and then in nuts.

(Sorry, pictures soon to come)


Also, for a little bit of a different flavor to your peanut butter cookie you can add just a little bit of cinnamon to the dough.


Be sure to catch my blog tomorrow! I making a awesomely fun kids meal. It will make you smile for sure. :)

I hope that you all really have fun baking this recipe. Let me know what you think!

One Love,


Virginia

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Delicious. Thank you.

Post a Comment