Honey Glazed Chicken

Monday, November 29, 2010

Honey Glazed Chicken
The sweetest chicken I've ever had

So, I have to apologize for the end pictures on this one. It might just be one of the least attractive end pictures you have ever seen, but please don't let that dissuade you from trying this. That stuff in the picture to the right that looks like gravy- not gravy. Its a sweet honey citrus sauce with cinnamon and sugar. 

When I gave this to my little boy, I told him it was candy chicken. He completely went for it. That was actually the first thing on his plate that he ate the whole portion of.  I really liked this because the glaze made the chicken extra tender underneath, and the top was so sweet that I kind of felt like it was more of a desert than an entree.

The sauce is a really sauce that thickens quite a bit when it is heated up. It is made up of honey, orange and lemon juice, worcestershire sauce ( thank God for spell check on that one), and cinnamon. Very tasty! I hope that you all enjoy.

Honey Glazed Chicken

1 lb Chicken
2 Tbsp Butter
1 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Pepper
1/2 Cup Crushed Cornflakes
2/3 Cup Honey
Glaze:
1/2 Cup Fresh Orange Juice
2 Tbsp Flour
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tsp Cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400 Degrees.

1. Brush chicken with margarine and sprinkle with salt and pepper
2. Roll chicken in crushed cornflakes.


3. Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 45 minutes, or until chicken is golden brown.



4. While chicken is baking, prepare glaze.  In saucepan combine: honey, orange juice, flour, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, and cinnamon. Cook on medium heat until bubbly and thickened.



5.  Remove cooked chicken from oven and drain off any excess fat. Spoon glaze over chicken in baking pan. Sauce will get very thick while it cooks on the chicken.






I really enjoyed this sweet chicken.  A funny thing about the recipe directions though. The recipe was all typed out on a sheet of paper. And after all the instructions there was one last line- it said "P.S. Before placing chicken in baking pan; roll in crushed corn flakes. Should have been added in the preparing of chicken".  When I made this I started cooking the chicken without the cornflakes on it.  Then as I read through the recipe for the glaze, that's when I came to the "P.S" part.  LOL.  You can kind of tell in my picture above that the chicken is already a little cooked when I rolled it in the corn flakes :).

I hope that you all have a great day.

One Love,

Virginia

0 comments:

Post a Comment