Mississippi Mud Cake

Monday, November 29, 2010

Mississippi Mud Cake
My Thanksgiving Offering
M-i-ss-i-ss-i-pp-i Mud Cake
The Ten Pound Cake

I made this cake to bring with us for Thanksgiving. I thought for sure with all of the sweet and tasty ingredients that it would be delicious.

It is a sweet chocolate and coconut cake with toasted walnuts, and a marshmallow frosting and middle. The cake was very moist, and the marshmallow was very gooey. This is actually my first time ever using marshmallow fluff, and I didn't expect it to be the sticky and messy, but it all turned out in the end, which is one thing I am truly thankful for. :)


Mississippi Mud Cake

1 Cup Butter
2 Cups Sugar
2 Tbsp Cocoa
4 Eggs
1 Tsp Vanilla
1 1/2 Cup Flour
1 1/2 Chopped Walnuts or Pecans
1 1/2 Cup Coconut
1 Sm. Jar Marshmallow Fluff
Chocolate Frosting

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

1. In a large bowl, cream together:  butter, sugar, and cocoa.
2. Beat in eggs, and vanilla


3.  Gradually add flour, stirring well.



4. Fold in nuts and coconut. Batter will be very heavy.



5.  Spoon into greased 9 x 12 pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 40 Minutes.



6.  Spoon contents of one jar of marshmallow fluff on top of cake.  Bake for 5 minutes.



7. When Cake is done. Frost with chocolate frosting ( I made my own), and decorate.




I thought this cake tasted very good. When I was decorating the cake, I cut it in half and was going to put one half on top of the other. Unfortunately, I didn't get it quite square, and because the marshmallow was so sticky I really couldn't move it. LOL. Oh well. Also, the marshmallow was sooo messy.  Thankfully, I read the back of the can and it said, 'to clean use hot water'. The hot water really did the trick. I decorated my cake with coconut and chocolate chips because since this is a new cake, I kind of like to clue people into what is on the inside. I hope you all enjoy. Happy Holidays.

One Love,

Virginia




1 comments:

Walnut Lovers said...

Great post! This sounds delicious. We are sharing this with all of our followers on Twitter. We would love if you followed us too, so we could show some love in front of our walnut loving community. Thanks for sharing the post, hope you enjoyed the holidays.

Post a Comment