Go gaga over Peanut Butter Fingers

Monday, January 24, 2011

Happy Peanut Butter Day!

Peanut Butter Fingers
Awesomely delicious


In honor of Peanut Butter Day AND one of my favorite foods, the classic peanut butter finger.

This sinfully delicious aromatic recipe was so amazing, that I ate a little bit more that I had planned too. It is a peanut butter oat  finger with a chocolate layer and a peanut butter frosting layer.  It is a sweet, rich, spongy, and oh so decadent for a little peanut butter finger.

Last night, something  happened... we ran out of munchy treats. Oh no! We had finely consumed the entire pan of lemon bars that had made last week. We were out of sweet treats.  Rob wanted me to make some cookies at 10 PM, however I decided that I didn't want to wake up to a sink full of dish. I am so happy I did wait, this recipe is so delicious. I wish I had someone here to try it too, but alas, I am all alone. 

My favorite candy has always been Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. This really hits all of the spots that the peanut butter cups do for me, but I think that it is ever so slightly less caloric.

If you love peanut butter and chocolate, you have to try this! Trust me, you will be so happy you did!
I hope that you all enjoy.

Peanut Butter Fingers

1/2 C. Softened Butter
1/2 C. Granulated Sugar
1/2 C. Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1/3 Cup Peanut Butter
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/4  Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Vanilla
1 Cup Flour
1 Cup Quick Oats

Frosting:
Layer One:
6 Oz Chocolate Chips (half a package)

Peanut Butter Frosting
1/2 Cup Confectioner's Sugar
1/4 Cup Peanut Butter
4 Tbsp Milk

1. Cream together Butter, Brown Sugar, and White Sugar. Whip until fluffy



2. Blend in Eggs.



3. Blend in Peanut Butter, Baking Soda, Salt, and Vanilla



4. Add Flour and Oatmeal, mix well.





5.  Mixture will be cookie dough consistency.  Press into 13" x 9" pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20- 25 minutes.


Before Baking

After Baking


6. While Dough is baking, Mix together icing.
Combine Confectioner's Sugar, Peanut Butter, and Milk



7. As soon as the lady fingers base is done cooking, sprinkle 6 Oz of chocolate.



8. After about 5 Minutes the chocolate chips will melt, Spread over top of cookie



9.  Drizzle Peanut Butter Frosting Over the top.



9. Let Cool, then cut.


If you are in the Great White North like me, sticking it outside makes it cool quicker!!


This is unbelievably delicious.  If I had to change one thing, I would pick through the peanut butter frosting to marbleize the top. The peanut butter frosting recipe gives you ample amount to do basically whatever you want to do with it.  I hope you all enjoy!

One Love,

Virginia

1 comments:

Dessalee Cook said...

This is an impressive blog and I am going to try the peanut butter finger. Desiree loves peanut butter, graham crackers and chocolate chips.
Dessalee, Broady's other half

Post a Comment