Scalloped Apples

Monday, January 24, 2011

Scalloped Apples
An apple day keeps the doctor away..
   unless your a diabetic..

My little man loves apples. It is by far one of his favorite fruits.  This week I let him pick out his apples at the grocery store. He wanted the green ones. There only was one problem with that..... Green Apple = Sour Apple.  These apples might as well have been one of those terribly sour Warhead candies.  Needless to say, this bag of beautiful green apples was just sitting there in my kitchen. No one was going to touch them. But hey- when live gives you lemons, make lemonade!

Today I saw this recipe as I was going through my large collection.  I figured that this was an easy solution to get rid of the bag of sour apples sitting on top of my refrigerator.
I hope you all enjoy.

Scalloped Apples

7 or 8 Medium Apples
1/2 Tsp Lemon Juice
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1/8 Tsp Cloves
1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
4 Tbsp Butter
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon

1. Peel and core apples


2.   Toss apples into large bowl with all remaining ingredients except for butter





3.  Melt Butter in large pan



4.  Add apple mix and stir until coated. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until apples are tender.


After 5 Minutes


After 15 Minutes

There you have it! Scalloped Apples!  I think this recipe has too much cinnamon in it. I would have reduced the amount of cinnamon and added white sugar. But that's just me.  I hope that you all have a great day.

One Love,

Virginia

0 comments:

Post a Comment