Mini Meat Loaves - 1999

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Mini Meat Loaves - 1999
Single Serving Meatloaf

I already had it on my weekly menu to make meatloaf before I came across this recipe. I originally wanted to make a cheeseburger meatloaf that was on the kraft.com website (my favorite recipe website), but when I found this recipe, I decided to make this one instead.

When I was eating this a dinner time, my little boy said to me, "Mommy, I want meatballs." I had his mini meat loaf cut up, so he really couldn't tell if it was a meat ball or meatloaf.  It took me a second to figure it out, and then it occurred to me, this recipe for meatloaf is almost exactly the same as my meat ball recipe. It amazes me sometimes how such a little guy can have such a 'simply great' thought process that he can connect the two. Little kids really are amazing.

The barbecue sauce in this made extra tasty and tangy ( I used the Jack Daniels no. 7 BBQ Sauce.) On the downside, the meat in the meat loaf was kind of loose on the inside. While the meat loaf did not fall apart when I took it out of the pan, it was loose when we cut it on our plates. I don't know if this is because I didn't pack it down enough, or if this is how it was supposed to be. Nonetheless, I really liked this. The mini meat loaves were the perfect small serving little size. My husband and I aren't really big eaters, but we ate about a mini meat loaf and a half. 

Mini Meat Loaves

1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Onion
1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Pepper
1/2 Dry Bread Crumbs
1/4 Cup BBQ Sauce
1 Egg
1 1/2 Lb ground beef

Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Clean Up Time: 15 Minutes

6 Mini Meat Loaf Servings

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

1.  In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients.



(No, this isn't baby poo poo)


2.  Add Beef. Mix well



3. Press 1/3 cupfuls into six ungreased muffin cups.



4. Top with Ketchup. 



5. Bake at 375 degrees for 18- 20 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink.




I hope you all enjoy this. I apologize about the pictures on this one.  I don't know if there is anything really attractive about making meat loaf. You almost have to release your inner carnivore.  Usually, I make a meatloaf that has oatmeal in it. Maybe next time I make mini meat loaves I can use my regular recipe instead of this one.  Ah, the sky is the limit!

I hope you have a great day.

One Love,

Virginia

0 comments:

Post a Comment