Peach Crisp -1956

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Peach Crisp- 1956
"Give me some of that cobbler/ pie/ crispy thing"

When I came home from Pizza Hut, and Rob had taken this out of the oven, all I could smell was this sweet peach cobbler smell all over our house.  The aroma was so intense that I might even consider making this as a potpourri (not really.)

This was just the right amount of sweet for us.  I don't think that Rob or myself really like things that are overly sweet. It was a little bit of sweet topping combined with the sweet and slightly tart peach filling underneath.  The texture of the crisp was crispy on the top and a cobbler like texture underneath.  The peaches were baked just right so that they retained all of their juices, yet were soft enough that they balanced the texture of the crispy top.

For this you can use either fresh fruit or canned fruit. I have really gotten hooked on these all natural jarred peaches from Dole. They are jarred in 100 percent peach juice.  Also, the color of the peaches is correct. Sometimes when you buy canned peaches and open them up, they aren't the same color as fresh peaches. So, Dole, here is your free endorsement. :) You can send me a case of your these peaches now. Ha ha. 

For this recipe it really is your choice if you use peaches or apples.  I chose peaches because I wanted something different from all the apples that I have eaten over Michigan's apple season.

I really hope that you enjoy this recipe :)

Peach Crisp

4 Cups peeled fresh peaches or 3 small jars/cans, drained
2 Tbsp Water ( If you are using fresh fruit)
1/4 Cup Sugar
1 1/4 Cup Bisquick
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Egg, Slightly Beaten

Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Clean Up Time: 10 Minutes
Servings: 6 to 8

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

1. Place fruit in the bottom of a 9 x 12 non stick or greased pan


2. Sprinkle with 1/4 Cup of Sugar.  Sprinkle first with 2 Tbsp water first if using fresh fruit.



3. Mix Bisquick, sugar, and cinnamon.



4. In separate bowl, beat one egg.



5. Slowly add dry ingredients to egg mixture. Stir constantly until crumbly.



6. Sprinkle mixture over peaches.



7. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes until crust is golden brown.






I really hope you enjoy this fun little treat. I hope you all have a great day.

One Love,

Virginia

0 comments:

Post a Comment